Did you know that many employers encourage their employees to obtain their CPCU designations by providing financial support along the way? This financial support often includes providing textbooks, reimbursements for the cost of reregistering for exams, paid time off to take exams, and/or monetary bonuses for passing CPCU courses. Some employers also pay for employees’ membership dues regardless if you are a CPCU Member or Candidate Member. Employers such as State Farm and Erie Insurance are just two of the local employers offering their employees these types of incentives. Be sure to check with your employer to see what benefits you may eligible to receive.
The CPCU designation is considered the most prestigious designation in the property and casualty insurance industry. Here are some success statistics that may interest you.
Nearly all CPCUs in a recent survey indicated that the designation fast-tracked their careers
91% of CPCUs indicated that they saw an increase in job opportunities after earning the designation
74% of CPCUs were promoted - most within 2 years of earning the designation
86% reported greater job security during organizational transitions or consolidations
As a CPCU Society member, you’ll have access to: Full members, please log in to access your benefits!
More than $2,000 worth of technical education resources, including:
- Interest-group webinars
- Additional free webinars on a quarterly basis
- Free subscriptions to CPCU Society publications covering emerging trends and issues
- Industry experts and speakers via the CPCU Society Annual Meeting, chapter meetings and interest-group events
Exclusive benefits from The Institutes, including:
- Unlimited free access to The Institutes’ online CPCU® courses, covering more than 1,000 topics, as references and up-to-date knowledge refreshers (not for candidate members)
- A 25% discount on Institutes study materials
- A 35% discount on unlimited online CE from CEU.com
- Access to select Institutes content on a quarterly basis
Unlimited professional development through engagement with the CPCU Society, its chapters and its interest groups, including:
- Opportunities to develop and demonstrate leadership and management skills within
the CPCU Society, chapters and interest groups
- Professional networking and mentoring opportunities within the Society and at the chapter level
- Access to a specialized jobs database
- The ability to contribute to the industry and your local community via mentoring,
community outreach and service programs
The CPCU Society is here to help you achieve your career goals, so be sure to take advantage of every opportunity your membership affords you!
As a Presque Isle CPCU Society Chapter member, you’ll also have access to:
- Mentoring by local CPCU members
- Networking opportunities with other CPCU members and organizations
- Educational events held locally throughout the year
- Leadership opportunities to serve on the board or as an officer of the local chapter
- Community involvement with students and charitable organizations
How to Join
To join the local Presque Isle Chapter you must have matriculated as a CPCU candidate. To join, please contact the Society's Member Resource Center, or call (800) 932-CPCU and select option 4. They will verify your qualifications as a candidate member and send you the appropriate application. Also let them know you are interested in becoming a member of the local Presque Isle Chapter. Click here for more information on becoming a candidate member. For local chapter assistance contact Judy Ward at Judy.Ward@erieinsurance.com.
How to Transfer from Another Chapter
To transfer your membership from another CPCU chapter to the Presque Isle Chapter, please contact the Society's Member Resource Center, or call (800) 932-CPCU. For local chapter assistance, contact Judy Ward at Judy.Ward@erieinsurance.com.